A look back at July
Hello folk! I wanted to take a look back at what happened last month in the tech world and highlight some community news as well. Enjoy!
New User Group
For those in Scotland, there is a new user group starting at the end of August. The Modern Enterprise Management User Group, will be meeting up in Glasgow on the 31st August.
Azure News ☁️
There were a lot of announcements made last month, especially around the conference Inspire from Microsoft. I've picked out 5 stories that I thought were worth highlighting.
- Generally Available: Virtual machine restore points
- Generally available: Azure Stream Analytics in four new regions
- Public preview: Azure Stack HCI version 22H2
- Generally available: Calico for Windows on AKS
- Generally available: Azure Functions support for PowerShell 7.2
My most popular blogs in July 🥳
Looking back at the analytics the most popular blog posts in July were:
- Convert a folder to a git repository
- Connect a SQL database with Visual Studio Code
- Reset Ubuntu Password in WSL on Windows 10
- Trigger a GitHub Action workflow when a folder changes
- Windows Server: Extend Expired Evaluation Period
What was your favourite blog from me in July?
Azure Arc Jumpstart
The Azure Arc Jumpstart is a great resource for getting your hands on Azure Arc environments to test scenarios or learn how things work together. The team are always trying to improve it and add functionality. Check out the latest release notes to see what is new.
A project started by some in the community allows you to view your GitHub contributions as a city! It's pretty cool. Go over to https://honzaap.github.io type in your GitHub user name and select a year and allow it to do it's magic. 😉
My GitHub contributions this year looks like this:
Thank you for tuning in and if you got this far, thank you. Please do share this with your network if you've enjoyed it and hopefully catch you soon!